MEMBER BENEFITS 2021
Enrichment Center Building
The Enrichment Center provides a home away from home atmosphere for people 50 or older to meet new friends, participate in activities, exercise, and find a comforting and caring environment.
An annual membership of $20.00 supports the activities of the Enrichment Center and Bargain Hut, and provides benefits that you will enjoy.
You can take advantage of FREE GROUP PROGRAMS such as:
- Financial planning
- Avoiding identity theft
- Health insurance counseling
- Legal and estate planning consultation
- Medicare consulting
- Blood pressure and glucose screenings
- Computer security
- Home safety
- Programs of recreation such as bingo, card games, holiday parties, arts, and crafting.
You get special advance announcements of events, special sales, and programs.
You can access the equipment and facilities at no charge for members
- Electronic sports equipment, e.g. Wii bowling and golf
- Pool table with pool leagues
- Computers are available
- Wi-Fi is available
- Get monthly newsletter highlighting health and wellness information, and other important issues, plus schedules of upcoming events.
At affordable costs you can access the following:
- Bargain Hut, which provides gently used clothing and household items (also available to non members)
- Exercise equipment at a nominal monthly fee
- Low cost rental equipment is available for assistance to those with physical or development disabilities
Coffee is available 5 days a week from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Although membership in the Ashland Senior Community Center is not required for the following, Enrichment Center facilities are provided for the Ashland County Aging Unit, Inc. to conduct the following services:
- The Ashland County Aging Unit, Inc. provides available on-site information and referral to appropriate agencies, advocacy, congregate meals on site and home delivered meals, specialized transportation, benefit specialist services, counseling, and senior home repair, and caregiver information and support.
- Faith in Action support services by volunteers for senior citizens 60 years of age or older with a wide range of services designed to help them remain living independently.
Contact the Executive Director at 1-715-682-2776.